Estate, Trust and Foundation Services
For as hard as you have worked to accumulate assets, you have a right to enjoy them during your lifetime and ensure they are distributed according to your wishes, with minimal tax impact, and maximum wealth preservation and ease of execution.
The experts at HL have guided generations of clients through the estate and trust planning process. We recognize that each individual and family is unique. By keeping abreast of the ever-changing tax laws and knowing your objectives, we can structure the best possible plan given your circumstances. This entails working closely with your other professional advisors.
In addition to estate planning, HL advises clients on trusts, gifting strategies and philanthropic and charitable planning. Clients can also rely on HL’s expertise in developing succession plans to transition companies to the next generation of owners with minimum disruption and loss of assets. Also, for many years, the Public Administrators in several counties of NY State have entrusted HL with their estate administration engagements.
Consulting and Advisory Services
- Estate and Retirement planning
- Review and financial analysis of trust instruments and wills
- Estate liquidity analysis
- Advice on the use of trusts to minimize estate and gift taxes and to achieve your long term goals
- Family, private foundation and charitable gifting strategies
- Generation skipping transfers
- Estate, fiduciary and gift tax return preparation
- Internal Revenue Service and state examinations
- Estate administration, including bookkeeping for the Estate or Trust
- Private foundation administration
- Business valuations
- Preparation of:
- Estate tax return—Form 706
- Trust income tax returns—Form 1041
- Judiciary and Non-Judiciary Accountings
- Gift tax returns—Form 709
- Private Foundation tax returns—Form 990