Clients requiring audits deserve far more than a statement attesting to financial reporting adequacy. That’s why during the course of our work, HL’s professionals are alert to potential opportunities to enhance our client’s businesses. Our management reports contain meaningful recommendations for improvements in accounting systems and controls, as well as identifying business and tax-saving opportunities.
Count on HL’s audit professionals to be deeply involved in planning, executing and providing significant judgment throughout the audit process. Client staff will be utilized to the maximum extent possible. This, combined with our goal of improving client self sufficiency in accounting areas, are important factors in controlling audit fees.
Here is what you can expect when working with HL:
- Planning – Planning is essential to a successful audit. That’s why early on, we obtain an extensive understanding of your business and its entire control environment.
- Internal Business Cycles – Approaching the audit by cycles means HL relates the audit scope to the way your company does business, thereby increasing audit efficiency.
- Audit Risks – We consider our client’s business and those areas where the greatest risk exists. Then we concentrate our audit effort in the high risk areas.
- Statistical Sampling Techniques – Statistical sampling is often more effective and efficient than non-statistical sampling. The sample sizes needed for objectivity will be determined based on our judgment as to risk and materiality.
- Client Assistance – Client staff will be utilized to the maximum extent possible by identifying areas that are conducive to your personnel’s assistance.