Litigation Support and Forensic Accounting
Business Damages and Business Valuation
HL and our litigation support team have assisted in many litigation cases for lost profits and business damages. We have the ability to testify as an expert on numerous commercial damage issues.
We have prepared business valuations for purchase acquisitions, sale price determination, estate and gift valuations, government acquisitions or condemnation purposes for either the business owner or government agency as well as shareholder disputes.
HL professionals also have special expertise in the area of marital dissolutions. As divorce experts, our work involves equitable division of marital property, business and professional practice valuations, requesting appropriate documents for production, lifestyle analysis to determine the spending patterns of each party, income analysis, child support and alimony calculations, tax issues with regard to support, and property settlements.
Areas of Expertise
- Financial statement fraud
- Misappropriation of company assets
- Corporate fraud
- Disruption of business
- Dissenting shareholders; partner disputes
- Economic loss analysis, damages
- Brokerage account analysis
- Recovering the proceeds of fraud
- Locating hidden assets
- Theft/diversion of inventory
- Tracing illicit funds
- Fraud prevention check-up
- In-house training, consultation
- Fraud risk assessment
- Evaluate internal controls
- Bankruptcy and foreclosures
- Buy-sell agreements
- Mediation and arbitration